Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hello Planet Python!

I just got added to Planet Python and want to give the readers a quick introduction to myself.

My name is Mario and I live in Sweden. I've been working with Java development since 1999, mainly with enterprise systems. In 2007 I switched to embedded development and primary focusing on embedded Linux systems.

Early this year (2009) I got curious about developing KDE/QT applications since I've been using the KDE desktop for years now. I didn't want to use Java nor C++ for desktop development, I needed a language which was simple to use, feature rich and well supported by QT and KDE. There were two candidates for the job, Ruby and Python, guess which one I choosed.

I really like Python and it feels fun coding again, it's my first choice of programming language now.

On my blog you'll find posts about everything regarding Python, language features, APIs, frameworks, etc. I hope you'll enjoy reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Could you have blogger give the full text of your posts in its feeds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconded on the full posts in the feeds.

    Please and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider it done, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete